The Observer is a independent weekly community newspaper that is published every Thursday.
The Observer prints and delivers 15,000 copies every week. Home delivery of flyer package occurs Thursday-Friday by The Record. Honour boxes / pickup locations are generally available by noon Thursdays.
Settlement areas of Woolwich and Wellesley Township and areas of North Waterloo in the Region of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. See coverage page.
|Display Ads||Tuesdays by 4:00 pm|
|Classified Ads||Wednesdays by 10:00 am|
|Family Album||Wednesdays by 10:00 am|
|Flyers / Inserts||Two weeks advance booking required.|
Discounts based on a minimum ad booking within a 12 month time frame from the date of first ad booking.
|Discount||Minimum Ad Booking|
|10%||Min. 7 ads / year|
|15%||Min. 15 ads / year|
|20%||Min. 20 ads / year|
Discounts are not automatically applied and are subject to approval and terms. Volume rate based on the percentage of regularly priced advertising. Advertising rates and discounts are subject to change without notice. Premium advertising space is not eligible for volume discounts. Discuss any potential discounts with your sales representative.
All advertising prices include design, 2 ad proofs if required and the area occupied. Ads created by us will be proofed and approved using our online proofing system with a link delivered by email.
Ad clients are responsible to insure the advertisement has the correct information and the design meets the requirements of the client.
Once an ad proof has been supplied to the advertising client, unless otherwise notified by client, the advertisement is considered approved. Once approved and published, advertiser assumes all responsibility for errors or damages arising from any errors.
Digital Ad Submission Policy:
The Observer considers ads sent in a digital format approved as is. Once submitted, the Observer is not responsible for errors arising from such ads. The Observer will fix artwork issues, such as font substitutions, converting spot colours or Pantone to CMYK, and other potential problems. It is the customer’s responsibility to provide digital files that will print as intended.
All advertising is accepted subject to the Publisher’s discretion at all times.
- Advertiser assumes responsibility for unauthorized use of name, photograph, image, device, or word protected by copyright or registered trademark.
- Any design, artwork or typesetting supplied by The Observer is copyright The Observer for the exclusive use by the Publisher. Any other use not authorized in writing is an infringement of copyright and subject to a minimum $75 per item production charge.
- Any notice of cancellation must be sent in writing via email, and received by the Publisher prior to the closing date (deadline).
- The publisher is not liable for damages resulting from advertisement errors exceeding the purchased space.
- There shall be no liability for non-insertion or late publication of any advertisement beyond the amount paid for such advertisement.